SAP Mentor John Appleby on SAP Enterprise Mobility Plus News and Thoughts

Fellow SAP Mentor John Appleby published a terrific and well thought out article summarizing his views on the current state of SAP enterprise mobility.  He works as a technical consultant in the UK for Bluefin Solutions Ltd., so has a much more technical view than I can provide.  I recommend reading it.

I do have a question that has been in the back of my mind this week.  If mobility is so important to SAP, where were all their mobility executives at SAP TechEd?  Where was John Chen, Bob Stutz, Kevin Nix, etc, which are the folks responsible for SAP enterprise mobility?  There were over 5,000 attendees.  My session on the Future of Enterprise Mobility had over 200 registrants.  It seems in hindsight, that SAP should have brought the big boys of mobility to the show.

Next week, I will be attending ClickConnect North America 2010 in Scottsdale, Arizona to report live on subjects related to SAP enterprise mobility.  This is ClickSoftware's customer user forum.  ClickSoftware is an SAP mobility partner and developer of SAP's Workforce Scheduling and Optimization solution.  ClickSoftware also announced their new partnership with Sybase last week and will be detailing this next week.  I heard rumors that Sybase's iAnywhere President, Terry Stepien may be speaking there.  It will be interesting!

***************************************************
Kevin Benedict, SAP Mentor, SAP Top Contributor, Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst
Phone +1 208-991-4410
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Join SAP Enterprise Mobility on Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2823585&trk=anet_ug_grppro
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant, mobility analyst, writer and Web 2.0 marketing professional. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...