Thursday at SAP's TechEd 2010 - Enterprise Mobility

Today (Thursday) I was able to finally get enough time to sit down in the Innovation Center with SAP folks and see demonstrations of their new enterprise mobility applications.  I saw the following applications:
  • SAP Prove - Workflow approvals (expense approvals)
  • SAP CRM Mobile
  • SAP Expense Reports
I loved the SAP Prove application because of the GUI.  It was an image of a desk with a crumpled piece of paper on it that had an expense request written on it.  Next to it were two rubber stamps.  One that said Approved, the other Rejected.  By tapping one or the other it would stamp the paper.  I loved it.  I kept stamping all of them with Reject, Reject, Reject.  I could do that all day.  What power!

I was able to sit down with Martin Fecteau from MSC Mobile and have a good discussion on enterprise mobility.  His company is made up of a group of mostly former SAP folks that are developing various enterprise mobility applications out of Montreal, Canada.  You can watch the interview here.

One of the best interviews I got all TechEd was with Rob Noce from Sybase.  He works in the professional services group at Sybase and has spent his entire career in mobility.  This guy has some of the best insight into enterprise mobility and project management that you can find anywhere in the world.  This is real world advice and experience.  Watch his interview here.

On Wednesday I was able to interview SAP's CIO, Oliver Bussman at the SAP TechEd Live studio.  The 15 minute interview about what SAP is doing internally to mobilize their business processes.  It can be found here.

I taught a session called CD112 The Future of Enterprise Mobility at 5:45 pm.  It had over 200 people registered for it.  It was fun and we had great questions and post-session discussions.  Thanks everyone that attended!  Just a note - I have been conducting a workshop version of this session for large companies and it has been very well received.  It is a good way to get management and executives up to speed on enterprise mobility and thinking about best use cases for mobile applications.  Contact me if you would like to learn more about this workshop and how it might benefit your team.

I only saw two enterprise mobility companies exhibiting at SAP TechEd 2010, SAP/Sybase and Syclo.  I am not sure why as there were over 5,000 technical attendees and a heavy emphasis on mobility at this conference.  I did see representatives from many other enterprise mobility vendors, but there were not exhibiting.

TechEd, what a fun and exhausting experience!
***************************************************
Kevin Benedict, SAP Mentor, SAP Top Contributor, Mobile and M2M Industry Analyst
Phone +1 208-991-4410
Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict
Join SAP Enterprise Mobility on Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2823585&trk=anet_ug_grppro

Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant, mobility analyst, writer and Web 2.0 marketing professional. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.

No comments:

Featured Post

Leadership Advice from a Futurist - A Reading

Leadership is hard.  So for all the leaders and want-to-be leaders out there, here is some advice that I hope you will find useful. ***...